10.4.09

Lamb(chops)

Christopher Moore's Lamb was everything I thought it would be and more (there was actual research!). Not that I'm saying there is any value to it as temporally correct - it's really really not, but it is a great story with just enough detail to make the biblical scholar in me happy. Moore has an amazing talent for masterful humour and manages to be a very satisfactory fake Canadian about it (trust me on that one). The story he gives us is full, provocative and wide-ranging. I especially liked the Yak shaving parts, but then, that's just me.

To fully appreciate this one though you'll need to have a reasonable background in religion(s). If you don't, you are only going to get half the jokes. I'm sorry, but there's no way around it. So, to the five people I know who actually have the background to read and fully appreciate this one, go for it. For the rest of you, even with only half of the jokes accessible this is still a great read.

I need to know though, what is it with Moore and blue folks?

No comments: